Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA


Tonight I attended my first meeting as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Historical Society of Dauphin County.

The Box and I had to fight evening traffic on I-83 to get there on time. At 5:00 p.m., there is gridlock on Front Street, where the John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion is located and where the meetings are held.

I met a lot of nice people who are working hard to preserve and advance the history of Dauphin County and the mansion. I even got my first assignment -- to write a letter enticing people to go on a bus trip to Winterthur and Nemours, two of the famous DuPont mansions in the Brandywine Valley. Want to go?

After the meeting I got a chance to snap a picture of the Box near the illuminated mansion. Hard to decide which one is prettier!

Oh, I read somewhere that a Scion owner said the only thing she did not like about the Scion was having to get inside to drive -- because then she couldn't see the outside. Now that's love!

Here's a photo of the mansion from the corner of Front and Washington Streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here.